There is a bug in certain versions of OSX 10.9 that prevent the OS from properly naming the K-Mix. You can fix this with a bit of tinkering in your Audio MIDI Setup.
- Navigate to your Audio MIDI setup by searching for it via Spotlight (cmd + spacebar), and connect your K-Mix.
- Find the “USB Audio Device” icon, unplug your K-Mix and delete the icon.
- Plug in your K-Mix and hit ‘Rescan for devices’. You should see USB Audio Deivce again.
- Unplug your K-Mix and delete the icon.
- Go to the Configuration menu and create a new configuration.
- Plug your K-Mix in, and a USB Audio Device should appear. \
- Unplug your K-Mix, delete the icon and naviagate back to the original configuration.
- Plug your K-Mix in and it should appear as K-Mix.
- You can now connect to the Editor!